Cleaning your office space properly is essential to maintaining a clean and healthy environment. A clean office property will help make a good impression on employees and clients alike, and improve the overall feel and presence of a space. When cleaning an office space there are different tasks that will need to be done daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly to ensure that your space stays clean.
Daily Cleaning Checklist
Cleaning areas of your office space daily will help ensure that common areas are kept clean and that the office space is sanitary for office workers. Daily cleaning checklist items include:
- Pickup any larger debris, or trash from floors or desks and dispose of them in a trash bin
- Empty trash cans nightly and replace with clean new garbage bags
- Sweep or vacuum the floors to remove any additional dirt or dust
- Mop all hardwood or tile floors
- Clean mirrors and windows
- Wipe down any sinks
- Clean the bathrooms
- Organize any additional items like magazines, papers, and clean up desks and tidy common areas
Weekly Cleaning Checklist
Weekly cleaning is important to ensure that items like paper towels, soap and other office supplies are replenished as needed.
- Dust window sills, and blinds
- Sterilize and clean door handles
- Wipe down desks, shelves, and other furniture
- Refill soap dispensers, paper towels, toilet paper
- Check kitchen fridges and remove items that have been left longer than a week. Wipe down kitchen appliances, and any break room areas
Monthly Cleaning Checklist
Monthly cleaning tasks will help take care of the extra nooks and crannies and take care of some bigger tasks as well.
- Polish surfaces and wipe down furniture with furniture polish to remove dust
- Clean hardwood floors or tile flooring with a floor cleaner and machine
- Clean items like hand dryers, towel holders, and other items like this
Quarterly Cleaning Checklist
Quarterly cleaning will take care of any of the bigger tasks and leave your office space feeling clean.
- Deep clean carpets with a cleaning machine
- Refinish hardwood floors
- Scrub mats, or runners
Cleaning Your Office Space
Taking care of your office cleaning checklists will ensure that your office remains clean throughout the year. A clean office will maintain a safe and healthy environment for clients and customers.