Dear Valued Customers,
Thank you for entrusting the care and security of your facility to The Night Shift. We are well aware that we are the driver of your facility’s hygiene program.
The spread of the coronavirus is much like the flu or other pathogens we deal with each year. It is spread in several ways: breathing in infectious droplets in the air; picking it up off hard surfaces and touching your face, eyes, nose, or mouth; sharing the same cup, utensils, or plate as an infected person; and coming into close contact with someone sick who can breathe, cough, or kiss you.
Fortunately, the COVID-19 does not require any extraordinarily strong disinfectant. Special attention should be focused on “common touch” areas of facilities, where germs are most likely to spread. Areas that should be treated with an accepted disinfectant include, but are not limited to:
- Hand railings near stairs
- Doorknobs, light switches, elevator buttons, and keyless combination locks
- Bathroom fixtures including flushing handles, sink fixtures, countertops, soap dispensers, and towel dispensers
- Kitchen/breakroom appliances including refrigerator handles, coffee machines, vending machines, countertops
- Shared electronic equipment including screens, touchpads etc. on copiers, scanners, fax machines and similar devices
- Any other common areas touched by employees
Currently, our employees are using Oxivir 1 Wipes; and Oxivir RTU Spray to clean and disinfect common area touch points daily. Targeting these areas is the first step in reducing the risk of illness. This Oxivir 1 product is a fast acting, convenient formula, suitable for daily use, and only needs a dwell time of one minute. *See: Oxivir 1 Wipes Kill Claims, attachment.
In addition, we offer the following extra services to you at this time of viral uncertainty:
- We can provide disinfecting wipes and/or hand sanitizer dispensers for your employees to use. However, at this time there is a wait time of several weeks for these products. This option would be invoiced as added. You may have a preferred vendor that can offer these to you at a competitive price. A note regarding ready-to-use-wipes: There are many products that work effectively as long as the manufacturer’s directions for proper dwell-time are followed. See: Attached CBC COVID19 Product List.
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting services may be available at additional expense. This service would include cleaning and disinfecting areas that are not covered by the regular service agreement.
A Note on Employee Prevention:
The best methods of prevention include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Please contact Tony McCartney 607-748-7794 ext. 359 if you have any questions or comments.
Tony McCartney and David Maione